top of page

Insurance Services for bankruptcy case assets

Trustee Resource Group (TRG) offers property and casualty asset insurance solutions nationwide to insolvency professionals. Insurable assets include: residential, commercial and vacant land real estate; inventory and equipment; and vehicles.

Our policy terms are flexible as TRG understands the complexities of the insolvency markets.  Policies may be cancelled after the minimum coverage term to lower the expense to the estate. We can quote and bind coverage quickly and premium financing is available upon request.


TRG has partnered with carriers and wholesalers that are A-rated (AM Best) national carriers.  They are knowledgeable of the insolvency industry which makes doing business with us one less obstacle for the estate.


Why Insure Assets?

The 2012 edition of the Bankruptcy Trustee Handbook states: 


“In those cases where the property appears to have value for the estate, the trustee must obtain control over the property, which may include changing the locks at the premises, hiring guards, etc. The trustee also must immediately take all other steps which may be reasonably necessary to preserve the assets. It is not always sufficient to wait until after the meeting of creditors to take action to preserve assets. 11 U.S.C. 704.


With regard to insuring real and personal property (e.g., buildings and vehicles) that has value for the estate, the trustee must either determine that the property is insured by the debtor or obtain insurance for the estate. 11 U.S.C. 704. If insured by the debtor, the trustee shall request proof of insurance from the debtor and ensure that it is continued for the benefit of the estate. If the debtor does not have insurance, the property is encumbered, and there are no estate funds available, the trustee must contact the secured creditor immediately, so that the secured creditor can obtain insurance or otherwise protect its own interest in the property. The trustee may consider (a) an agreement with the secured creditor to fund the expense of insurance and provide proper safeguarding under 506(c); or (b) a court order allowing the trustee to insure or safeguard the property at the expense of the secured creditor pursuant to section 506(c).”

For more information, contact Jessica Cox at 877-237-8167 or

bottom of page